Here are a few tips to help you stay sane during your move and make the moving process easier.
- Plan early. Most of the time when you move homes, you’re going to know about your move in advance. Start planning straight away. At this point you can also start collecting boxes and other packing material such as bubble wrap, box labels and permanent markers.
- You really don’t have to live in chaos in the weeks leading up to your move. You only really need to start your serious packing a week before your move. Pack your items that you use the most on the last day.
- Take this opportunity to do some spring cleaning. Get rid of items that you no longer use or need. Don’t move these things to your new home.
- Leave your clothing on their hangers and simply hook them on a broom stick for transporting. This will save you packing time and packing space.
- Don’t pack too many items in a single box. Heavy boxes are hard to move around and will break.
- Label your boxes and when they arrive at your new home, put them directly in the room that they need to be in.
- Hire a moving truck to move your household contents in one go. Furniture removal companies are often expensive. A DIY furniture removal option such as truck hire will save you a lot of time and money.
- Make sure that you unpack your bedroom first. You will need a good night’s rest after the move. The 2nd room to be unpacked should be the kitchen. You will need some good food to keep the energy levels up.
- If you have small children. Try leave them at a friend or relative for the day. This will free up a lot of time for you.
- Try your best to get your new home in order as fast as possible. Maximum 2 days including moving day. After that you can spend time on making your new house a home.
Good luck with your move! We trust that it will run smoothly.